Sunday, October 6, 2019

Statement of Intent

How do you intend to use the four areas of the media theoretical framework to communicate meaning and meet the requirements of your chosen brief?

Throughout my music video I plan to use various aspects of media language to create a Pop music video consisting of themes such as Friendship, heart break and enjoyment. This will then suit the target 16-25-year-old and AB demographic. My fellow colleagues/friends and I will act (creating clear Mise en scene attributes) portraying a narrative mixed with some concept features creating a high-quality hybrid. I am planning to use a mixture of urban and sub-urban environments to create an upper-class setting contrasting to a lower-class representation and creating a clear contrast for all scenes. Dressed in smart shirts and trousers, the main focus would be presenting an upper male in their everyday ‘not so enjoyable life’. My actors and I will present a secluded and isolated lifestyle around the city of London complimented by derelict sub-urban scenery and wildlife. This creates a sense of reliability to the target audience as many pop songs follow themes of heartbreak and friendship completing most conventions through image and video. The use of two distinct locations (Urban and Sub-urban) suggesting my pop themes are extensive, lack a niche directory and one social economic group. Within my plan I am expecting to use the correct codes and conventions to meet these themes and representations. As my song contains a slow yet uplifting beat, I will contrast both high key saturated light with natural/dim lighting to contrast both moods (long distance relationship breakup), narrative and concept ideas with hopefully be portrayed throughout. Most of these conventions will be foreshadowed through the use of video (direct address) and lip syncing. The presentation of my artist will be clear and bold at the start of the video with the logo and brand title, many shots will be present through looking around London as my Artist is new to the country and is ready to deliver a new type of popular pop music. Throughout I will be using a varied shot range and colour to emphasis the impression of a new city which is bright and colourful suggesting new and exciting experiences to come. A colourful and saturated colour scheme will attract my target demographic maintaining a constant interest throughout the entire music video. My character has been inspired through various artists such Drake, Justin Bieber and Ed Sheeran. I will represent a variation of class and gender throughout my video. The variation in gender with help represent the narrative factor that I will incorporate in my music video showing a long distance relationship through the use of flash back cut scenes of grace my female representative. Whilst I present upper/middle class it shows my journey through London showing various ethnicity's and class' having the same work ethic and intent to please loved ones but after all the hard work it doesn't always work out. The gradual view of pictures with me and my female representative show the memories still evident within my artists head and how he misses her. My inter textual approach is playing the Netflix original drama Sex Education on my laptop whilst filming my memory scene of my female representative, this links by the high school dramas and relationship problems portrayed in Miles Away. The use of short and sharp cuts was used to help commemorate the memory/flashback type scenes due to Freddie's recent move to the UK from the US and show the vast distractions to a young aspiring artists in and around London. My overall DRCAGES representations are class and gender. The use of convergence through my website (logo and merchandising) links to the logo on my music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Website Final

https://freddiegore110102.wixsite.com/freddie